Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tue. 2.17.09
-2 hard boiled eggs/mostly white
-one apple waiting for Scott to get done so I could take him home.
-came home and had 2 tablespoons of the cauliflower casserole from last night. My goal was to go on a really long run and felt too hungry to start.
-one small piece of pepperjack cheese
-huge salad of arugula, cucumbers, light dressing (definitely 3+ cups worth)
-1/3 of veggie burger (made some for food tomorrow for something different)
-1/2 of spinach roll from House of Calzone (we haven’t had our regular pizza in a long time!)
-big serving of the cauliflower/peas and carrots.
-3 glasses wine

Wkt. You know how you plan something and then you wake up and its not the perfect day for it-? I wanted to get closer to the 1.5 hours jogging and was planning for today to be the day. But! Last night I was thinking I wanted to stay up later as I didn’t have an early client (school vacations), and Scott was having his procedure), so slept on the couch, then watched a bit of David Letterman (the goal), then went to bed and didn’t feel well rested this morning-damn!
Anyway, I was trying to think of which route to take:
-the Red Hook one---about 50-70 min.
-the one under the highway to Brooklyn heights and then the park there-60-70 min.
-go up to Prospect Park –definitely more than one hour, but it just seems so hard because you feel so far away even when you are not…if that makes sense!
So, a few things happened:
-my bike that I ride most of the year has been sitting outside and the wheel got stolen (welcome to NY), plus it is so beat up thru standing outside over the years, that I knew I wanted to take it to the shop to get ready to ride.
-Scott needed some prescriptions filled and some eye drops after this event, so I bit the bullet, and went for a long run:
-started by going to look for where the local bike shop moved to a few weeks ago.
-went to Smith St. to drop off the prescriptions, and then went up to prospect park; ran along the path, enough to get to the 1.5 hour mark by the time I got back to the drug store----yippie!!!! I rock! I wasn’t setting any speed records but I did it. Of course along the way I was thinking of possible excuses but just kept at it. It was terrific-a great adventure thru Brooklyn.

No comments: