Monday, May 11, 2009

Sun. 5.10.09
Nice to be home on sun!! Mothers’ day so we went to NJ to my parents’.
-Stopped at Jacques Torres’ chocolate shop in dumbo and got several things:
-12 truffles
-4 huge cookies (2 chocolate chip and 2 mudslide)
-2 pieces of bark with nuts (1 milk and 1 dark)
-across the st. I bought a baquette for my mom as well-so good! So I ate a little piece off the end, as well as half of an almond croissant. Yummy!!
-for lunch I had 2 bowls of cauliflower soup
-a good portion of mashed potatoes
-about 4 pieces of fried eggplant
-I brought veggie burgers for me but felt my mom had plenty of food.
-we had 2 shots of jaegermeister for mothers’ day (when in Rome……my father says you need 2 since you can’t stand on one leg--!)
-2 pieces of cheese
-2 glasses of wine with dinner and dessert
-1 probably ate the equivalent of 3/4 of one of the cookies
-2 truffles –really tiny!
-a tiny piece of the dark chocolate bark thing
-4 strawberries
-so that wouldn’t have been so bad but when we got home I made nachos
-one layer of the thin chips
-tons of sautéed garlic, onions and green/red peppers; and cheese
-I figure I could have eaten about 800 calories worth of nachos….!
-1 glass wine
No wkt. What a fun day!!

No comments: