Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sat. 3.7.09
-on the way back from the gym I bought a big red grapefruit and ate that at 10:15am
-ate the leftover tuna/scallion/jalapeno/mayo-probably 2/3 of a cup, plus 1 hard boiled egg -10:45
-caesar salad with grilled calamari-half portion at about 3pm
-one beer
-one veggie burger with melted American cheese on top of a big arugula salad, with cucumber and red pepper; light ranch/salsa dressing
-3 glasses wine
Great story: I was walking around Manhattan for a few hours this afternoon; so nice not to be teaching and have no agenda for the day. In Soho, there was this little store front (just a window really), where these women were selling tiny cupcakes. There was a line, so that attracted my attention. The cupcakes were about the size of a quarter (I kid you not!), and stuffed with different things, so they were about ¾ of one inch tall. So I figured I would get 3 (the smallest amount you could buy)-for $3. Unbelievable huh? By the time I got to the window, and really looked at them and thought about whether I really wanted them for that price, I just walked away. How about that??!! See, I wasn’t craving the chocolate at all, so I respected that and didn’t get any.

Wkt.
-ran about 40 minutes on the way to the gym. I couldn’t decide what to do-run, or do a yoga or boot camp class or some combination. What I did know was that I wanted to go into Manhattan because it was gorgeous and warm out!
-I was up early so figured I would run and make the Pilates class at 9am. The class was great. It is so cool how the rest of the day I “felt” my abs being pulled in and tight and it felt great!!

No comments: