Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sat. 1.24.09
Egg and cheese sandwich before skiing.
Bowl of clam chowder soup, plus 2 beers for lunch
1 beer after finishing skiing
Back at the house, had several handfuls of mixed nuts, plus 2 glasses of wine.
Ate about 10 slices of cheese, with crackers and hot peppers as everyone was coming back to the house after skiing.
Went to dinner, had small serving onion rings, and lobster mac and cheese. There wasn’t much lobster in there though!
2 beers with dinner

At the house while we were waiting for everyone to get done and showered, I started asking people about the proposed commitments we spoke about the night before. My neice L. said she thinks I can do this although previously she expressed doubt. Let me add that she has unbelievable muscle genetics (not from our side of the family) and can be muscular and lean and HOT!
My neice’s husband C. said he would be at least 10 lbs. lighter by then, saying he needs to lose at total of 25 lbs. Scott my boyfriend says he will be down 12 lbs. (1 lb. per week until the bike ride). J. said she would be down about 10 lbs. as well----great goals!! My brother in law’s good friend M. asked me about his push up form. I think he just wanted us to watch him doing them! He is a sweetheart and a favorite of my sister’s girlfriends. So D. asked me to tell him I had to evaluate the form with his shirt off, he obliged-! He said he could do 50 in a row, and he sure did-we cheered him on for the last 6 but that was great! D. said she does a plank face down on her forearms for 1.5 min. every morning. I told here that was great and that she should also add a side plank to get all of the core muscles.
J. was so tight/tense from skiing she kept going on about how she was all knotted up. So I finally got up (we were all laying around on the couches and the floor watching Rocky movies), and did some myofascial release on her quads with my arms---then 4 others in the group said they wanted to try it----so funny!!

Killington is harder than the other place we went skiing each year, so I was definitely feeling it at the end of the day, besides being really cold!

After dinner, a few of us did not go to the other bar to listen to music, so we went back to the house. I had one more glass of wine, plus 4 tiny snack sizes of snickers and butter fingers.

No comments: